Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Natural Home Inspiration

Free and DIY are some awesome words (especially on a college girl budget)! 


The antlers are my favorite piece in the whole apartment. Know anyone who hunts? Ask them for spare antlers.. or dish out the money at the local antique store. They are worth it. I am currently taking antler donations to make a chandelier one day, wish me luck! 


Next time you're at the beach, take a walk and pick up small pieces of driftwood. Throw them in a mason jar or a small bowl indoor or outdoor for a nice coastal accent. 





I use this bigger piece of driftwood as a centerpiece in my kitchen. The tea lights add a sweet little something. (This may take a little longer to find than the smaller pieces). A thicker branch from the woods would work nicely as well! 


I found this amazing piece at an antique place for $40. The legs are made out of cut sections of a tree, which also gives it a natural feel. The chalk paint was a super find at Michael's. It was a lot cheaper than I have seen it other places and only took me one tiny jar; however, the color choices are slim. 


Last but not least, try the succulent trend. I have not killed them [all] yet. They are so stinking cute in a painted pot and some aquarium rocks for a pop of color. I got these cuties at Walmart!


happy collecting, 
Carey 


No comments:

Post a Comment