Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Simple Summer Beauty Picks!

Just a quick post on my go-to summer beauty buys! I know we all have our favorites; Morgan and I were just talking make-up and we both use different brands for pretty much everything. Not everything works for everyone, but if you have no clue or have been thinking about switching brands here are my recommendations to try.  
 

For the eyes: 
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay hands down has the best eyeshadow. I always had a problem with other eyeshadows not lasting all day or clumping up and no one likes that. Whether you buy just an individual palette, it is sure to last you a very long time. Any of the Naked palettes are amazing. Naked is bronze based, Naked 2 is taupe based, and Naked 3 is rose based. I personally have Naked 3 and love these beautiful colors! The palette is perfect for a neutral, no make up look or the most extravagant smoky eye. $54 may seem like a lot of money for eyeshadow, but I think anyone who has one agrees that it is more than worth it! 
Naked 3 palette // Ulta
Eyeliner: Once again, I use Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion. They have lots of fun colors, but Perversion is a dark black color perfect for a bold look! It lasts all day and is super easy to use because it has a skinny brush, but goes on in a thick line so it doesn't take many layers. This may seem a little scary, but after a little practice you will get the hang of it! // Ulta 

Mascara: I love absolutely every single kind of Maybelline mascara. I honestly was drawn to the cute colors of the bottles at first, but it has become an absolute necessity. I started using Maybelline's Mega Plush Volum' Express. The wand is amazing because it is almost like a spring and it just bounces off your lashes producing long, "Mega plush" lashes. Pick it up at your local drug store or at Ulta

For your beautiful face: 
I am one of those unfortunate people that has a hard time with makeup because it tends to make me break out. I just switched to a BB cream, which I suggest even if you don't have breakouts. I plan on bringing y'all along on my journey through every BB cream at Target, but our first stop is Maybelline's Dream Pure BB. My favorite thing about this particular kind is that it contains 2% Salicylic Acid, which is acne treatment. That's right…. this make up is actually GOOD to your skin. On the bottle it says there are 8 benefits in 1: 
1) Clears acne
2) Conceals imperfections
3) Minimizes look of pores
4) Reduces appearance of redness 
5) Adjusts to skin tone
6) Hydrates and smooths
7) Enhances and clarifies
8) 0 Oils and lightweight feel 
This cream is so light and has just as much coverage as my Bare Minerals or any liquid foundation that I have used! One of my friends who had no idea I had switched, complimented me on my first day wearing it and claimed that I was glowing! To me this is the best compliment ever for me because I am always so self conscious about my skin! // Target

Bronzer: I am usually tan at this point in the year, but with school and work my skin is just as light as it is in the winter. I am also trying to break my tanning bed habits so I picked up Too Faced's Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer. Let me tell you, it is amazing. It is the right amount of fake bake and summer glow. Not even close to orange.. 

Too Faced Bronzer// Ulta

Blush: When I want a little more color, my go to blush is Bare Minerals in Fruit Cocktail. It may look very hot pink when you see it, but it is a gorgeous color on! It blends very well with the Too Faced Bronzer!  // Ulta 

For Kiss me Lips: 
My favorite summer lip colors are a very bright pink, coral, and a bright tomato red! M.A.C lipstick is quite amazing, but Revlon is a great drug store buy! I am currently using Sephora's Rouge Shine Number 29 Latin Lover


Nailed It: 
Finally, if you haven't tried a white nail this summer you still have time. My go-to color has been Essie's Blanc. I am an Essie snob and that is fine by me. It goes on so smooth and dries fast, which is great for someone like me who can't paint their own nails!  Pick it up at Target

So that wasn't as quick as I thought, but I hope it was helpful! Give me your feedback and comment if you have any other favorites I should explore! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

xoxo, 
Carey  

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a lot about BB cream and wanting to try it when my current makeup (Intellishade) runs out. Now I can't wait to try it! Thanks for giving it a test run! I also may have to eventually splurge on a Naked palette for myself!

    ReplyDelete