Thursday, July 24, 2014

DIY Picture Frame Wall

Happy Thursday beautiful friends!

I finally hung the picture frames to make my picture frame wall that I painted about a year ago! It was so easy too and took about 20 minutes to hang everything, so I am not quite sure why I kept putting it off!

I purchased all of the frames and the mirror at Michael's. They're raw wood, which made them cheaper and easier to paint. :)

-The 3 piece hanging frame
-The big chevron frames
-Tiny square frames
-Rectangle 4x6 frames
-The mirror

How to:

For the chevron patter, I made my own stencil by hot gluing equal length pieces of  3 inch wide ribbon. This made sure the pattern would be even and consistent on all of the frames.

I then just painted! I painted the frames all the off-white, cream color first. For the black chevron stripes I did lighter, more whispy brush strokes, not covering the wood completely to give it a more rustic, imperfect look.

I used regular craft paint from Michael's too. My favorite brand is folkart craft paint, because it is the thickest and most opaque. It just has a very nice consistency for painting wood. So in entirety the project cost me about $ to finish. It's such a cute, easy, and inexpensive way to add some life and personality to any wall in your home.

Here is the finished look:






My kitty was so helpful getting pictures together, NOT! She was laying all over them.
 
xoxo Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment